Friday, May 1

A Chicken Story

Upon arriving at my parents house earlier this week, my father promptly caught Andrew one of their chickens to hold.  A few minutes later Andrew was back at my father's side requesting that he get him another chicken.  When questioned about where the first chicken went, Andrew told his grandfather that "he put the chicken in the washing machine".  My father was slightly surprised at this answer and pressed Andrew again about where the first chicken went.  Exasperated, Andrew held out his hands and with attitude restated that the chicken was in the washing machine.  In disbelief, my father asked Andrew to show him where the chicken was.  Sure enough, in my parent's playhouse there is a fisher-price washing machine and when my father lifted the lid to the play washing machine, an indignant chicken fluttered out of it.  Of course at this, both my father and I were in fits of laughter, while Andrew just kept exclaiming that the chicken wanted to play in the washing machine.   O Brother!
 
This is Leah holding one of the chickens.  I never had my camera in my hands when Andrew was holding a chicken.


3 comments:

Charity Brown said...

See, I think the real question here is: What was he planning to do with chicken number 2??? :)

Rob and Kim said...

Ahhhahah!! Kids!! I love it!

Tamra said...

That's AWESOME! I love Andrew. And the picture of Leah with her hair in her face = SO CUTE!