ps- I did end up canning alot of yummy strawberry jam this week. I must admit that I am slightly proud of the results. No Pectin!!!
Sunday, June 7
Frugal: Week One: Failure
This summer I have pledged myself to live on less and with less. (It was in one of those moments of "I am woman, therefore, I can do anything", these get me into so much trouble.) My goals include making my own cleaning products, no processed bread, just the kind kneaded with my own hands, drying my clothes on a clothes line while the sun bleaches out leah's chocolate milk stains, breakfast cereal will be a once a week treat, combining all my shopping trips to one day a week and only enjoying the foods of my own labor, no eating anywhere else but in my home, on my table. Well, here's how week one went. The clothes line that I purchased was left at my sister's house. It's lying somewhere in her garage, so all my clothes were sprayed and spot checked as any other week. I did manage to make all my own bread however on wednesday and thursday we had none and for dinner tonight we had cereal. I ended up spending a sizable amount of cash at Meijer so that I could appease my children when their chicken nugget reserves were low, as it stands, my freezer is stocked with nuggets, fries and yes! even toys. Sheesh. So as it stands, new chaos in my life: 37, Frugal: 0.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment