Tuesday, November 17

Preparedness? Well, maybe this applies...

So the other morning I left for work, and there was a little ice on the windshield so I scraped it off. Then I hopped in the car, backed out of the driveway, then turned around to drive down the street and realized that there was fog on the windshield and I couldn't see. 'Not a problem,' I thought. 'I'll still drive at least as well as native Cincinnati drivers.'
To speed things along, I hit the windshield cleaner spray lever and was rewarded with the whirring sound of a pump with no fluid in it. Dang, ran out of windshield spray. So I pulled over and waited for the defroster to clear the fog (See, I am a better driver that your average Cincinnati native).
So I stopped for gas on the way into work, then ran into a big-box store across the street for some windshield washer fluid. Wanted the cheap blue stuff ($0.99 a jug) but ended up with the orange Rain-X stuff ($2.49 a jug) - Just to see.
Fast forward to this afternoon as I drove home in a light drizzle. The weirdest thing happened: all of the rain drops beaded up and ran off the windshield. It was amazing. Didn't even have to use the windshield wipers. It was a buck and a half well spent.

2 comments:

Charity Brown said...

Yes! Rain-X rocks!!! We need some on our windshield again (the person who owned it before us had it on there when we got it and I LOOOOOVED not having to use wipers!)!

Tamra said...

We've had people driving with us ooh and aah about the rain beading up on the windshield. That cracked me up.