To be honest, we almost didn't eat this fondue. This house has been passing a cold back and forth for about 10 days now and I was soo over cooking, but I made the mistake of mentioning fondue to my three year old, so here it is. Good thing she was right. This dessert put a smile and a giggle on everyone's face, plus, not to forget, took the ho-hums out of our rather normal week. Yah to fondue! Yah to three year olds with long memories and Yah to chocolate.
Honey Almond Fondue
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
Grate chocolate, place in fondue pot with cream and honey. Heat gently, stirring until smooth and melted. Stir in almonds.
Our personal favorite with this fondue was fresh pineapple. It was, well, amazing. We also dipped ice cream cones (sugar), pretzels and bananas.
The almonds really made this fondue memorable and I haven't quite put my finger on it, but something about the flavor is really familiar. With the leftover fondue, I made a couple of no-bake cookies. With the warm fondue, I added peanut butter and oats. Shizzamm! Cookies, which to my great delight, my kids ate. Yes!
recipe taken from Fondue Cookery by Alison Burt
No comments:
Post a Comment