Friday, February 26

March Handicraft Class: Basic No Pattern Pants

Basic No Pattern Pants

Who couldn't use another pair of cottony, comfortable pajama pants? Instead of running to the store to outfit your son in shorts, make a couple from some recycled t-shirts or old dress pants. What little girl wouldn't love matching play pants with her doll. Sounds a bit complicated... it's not. March's class will stretch you sewing skills and add originality to your children's wardrobe. Your son in love with Star Wars? Don't want to pay 14 dollars for the pj pants? Learn to make your own. Honestly! It takes less time to whip out a pair of these then it does to buckle three kids into their car seats, drive to a store, multitask super shopper and mother, drive home to then find out you purchased the wrong size. Trust me, this is better.

Items Needed:
Measurements of intended recipient (instructions to follow)
Ruler
Fabric
Elastic (1/2 inch for kids, 1 inch for adults)
Ugly wrapping paper
Scissors
Straight pins
Matching Thread

Class is Saturday, March 13th at 9:00am
We will be making patterns and cutting the fabric out, I do not expect to sew these garments this day. If you are a speedy learner, by all means, bring your machine to sew there, but like all new skills, the first time takes longer.
** The Relief Society has an amble fabric stash for those who would like to puruse it. Just ask where it is (but not on the morning of the class, please have fabric picked out before then).
Please RSVP in the comments or by emailing me. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet....I totally might be there!

Catherine

Anonymous said...

I hope to be there! I actually have fabric that I've been meaning to make PJs with. Is flannel OK, or should it be something stetchy?
Heather M.

Anonymous said...

Hey, will there be any babysitters around. I forgot that my husband has a class that day.
Heather M.

rebecca said...

Heather- I have not personally planned for babysitters but I can tell you which sisters wish to join us and perhaps they can help you. PS. Flannel would be perfect!