I stole this page from a family magazine at my doctor's office. Wrong, I know, I have since repented and am now probably breaking some copyright codes and other misc. laws by sharing this with you. So I will now fluff the pride of the magazine by stating that Wondertime Magazine is the best magazine ever, all their articles are delightful and helpful. (I don't know if that is true, but I am sure it comes close)
Basic Chocolate Fondue:
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 bag semisweet chocolate chips (12oz)
1 tsp vanilla

Heat the cream in a saucepan till warm, add chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth. Add vanilla. You don't need a fondue pot for this one. Just make sure you start with cream and then add the chocolate. You could transfer to a fondue pot after melting, but we found that it stayed creamy for about thirty minutes after we took it off the heat. Which was plenty of time for my children to devour it. Our table is rather large so it is hard for all of us to hover over a single fondue pot; to problem solve, I gave each of my kids their own little pot with their own little stash of dippables.
We dipped Strawberries, Bananas and Pretzels.
No comments:
Post a Comment