Every Wednesday, Middletown city puts on Broad Street Bash. Normal Stuff, live band, fried food, and people watching. Since Dustin and I are into all that Local Flavor, we found ourselves packing the car and heading to this little event. Stroller packed and kids prepped (don't talk to people with beers in their hands...) Opps and did I mention the F-R-E-E part, that always helps.
Over the Eighties tribute band, The Rusty Griswolds, we ate nachos and prime rib sandwiches. The prime rib was good, purchased from a local restaurant named The Manchester. The nachos could have been purchased at a high school band competition, but A liked them, so whatever.
No, we did not eat any Awesome Fried Rice Crispy Treats... my gallbladder hurt just from reading that. Though I was surprised that Dustin didn't want any... I will have to ask him about that.
Shoot.
Mmm... sno cones.
My kids watching the band, well, actually watching the one groupie lady who couldn't really dance. at. all. so. please. stop. scarring. my. children...
The band was actually really good, plus good eighties taste. Loved the Jesse's Girl mix up which I will be humming in my head for at least three days.
Aside from the usual street vendors, there were also three of these. My kids were in heaven. Brillant call Middletown. Thank You!
I would give Broad Street Bash **** out of five... I would suggest some more food vendors (there were only three) and more places to sit.
I think we will go next week and you should join us. It might be worth it.
1 comment:
Pretty cool. And free! The bouncy castles alone would be enough reason to go!
Post a Comment