
Sew Mama Sew, an online fabric store and tutorial heaven, is having a pillow contest. I have never made a pillow before. NEVER. I am a pillow coveter. That's right, I liked looking at other peoples amazing, trendy, cool and beautiful pillows. I would applaud their talented hands and move on. There are some really talented pillow makers out there, why would I ever need to try, I could get all the pillow eye candy I needed without ever having to make up my mind on what would look good in my home. You see, I have a love-hate relationship with throw pillows and in the past, my practical side has always won this battle (practical meaning that throw pillows are just one more thing I have to pick up off the floor!). Well, no more. I was tired of lonely chairs and tidy rooms. It was time for my love of color and texture to win. Hence, the throw pillow.
I would like to clarify that these pillow live in my living room, not my bedroom... but they scream boudoir, so I went with it. I lounge in my living room, it's kinda the same thing. Well, actually, it's not and I have three children who also lounge there, so that makes it the exact opposite of boudoir. More like messy, miss-matched, tear stained sitting place. nice.
This pillow also screams conservative-business-woman-who-wears-fish-net-stockings-to-court... now you can see why I chose Boudoir Bedroom...
I think that if one was to make this same pillow in all white, it would look lovely in a nursery or little girl's room. One could also mix bold colors like red and orange for a statement in the cut-away. I feel like the texture of the lace is amazing and frequently overlooked when trying to add dimension to a decorated space. We go so quickly to lingerie and "girly" that we refuse to see the potential here. This pillow is made with grey suiting fabric (which lays beautifully) and two layers of lace, cut-away on the diagonal. It's rather simple in structure, but the umph it provides adds just the right touch to the room.
5 comments:
It's lovely, Rebecca! Let the pillow fights begin!
Tank said, "Hey, Rebecca has 2 of those pillows." He approves.
You put a lot of effort into these blog photo shoots. I'm impressed.
I needed natural light and since the house only has windows on the one side, keeping everything inside makes it all look so gloomy. Hence the photo shoot outside. Can I say that I am really impressed with my self here though? Cause I am. I am glad Tank likes the pillows. My kids do too.
I'm sorry, did you take this picture from Catalog Living? :) The pillows are lovely. Nice job!
I feel pretty awesome about being related to you sometimes. A lot of times, actually.
Post a Comment