
A few weeks before Jeep was born I woke up in the middle of the night with an urge to make burp clothes. It was one of those "leap forward out of bed" moments, like in the movies. You would have thought that I had forgotten to do something actually important, but no, just the realization that I did not have anything to catch large amounts of spit-up with. The funny thing is that none of my previous children have struggled with gerd or acid reflex, had amazing projectile skills or even burped much. I tried suppressing this desire to sew something so early for about an hour, but my love of creating caved me and at three in the morning I was busy cutting and sewing in my workshop err... the basement. After drawing out a couple of sizes and styles, I settled on one I thought would work and then I made a bazillion. Well, not quite a bazillion, more like twenty-five, which is why there are some in my shop. Because who needs twenty-five of these babies. Around seven I jumped on my bed and woke my husband to show him my wares. He just looked at me, use to my morning sewing sessions and said they looked like they would hold a lot of spit up. He's good like that.
I thought about making a tutorial, but there are several out there. You can find them HERE and HERE and HERE and HERE. Each one is a bit different so check them all out. If you know of any others, just add them to the comments. I am sure that any new or not-new mom would love a stack of pretty burp clothes.
*****Yes, Charity, Jeep spits up. Alot. It dribbles to the side and down his back. Sometimes it's amazing how much. So these pretty little burp clothes have come in very handy. Whew!
5 comments:
So does Jeep spit up a lot? You kinda left us hangin..... ;)
You are totally right Charity. See amended post.
Haha. Thanks for the clarification! Glad you followed your inspiration!
Wow...I needed you to help me out when Suzie was born. I felt like Barbie changing clothes every feeding time!!
Yeah. I got the spit up right down the cleavage. At least it was poop?
Post a Comment