You know how we all have a hand-full of recipes that we religiously return to on a regular basis. This is one of mine, well, one of Wendy's that I stole. But it's that good, no, it's that delicious. I would classify myself as one of those people who think less is more. My cookies are just that: cookies, I don't hide or incorporate "healthy" things to my cookies. 'Cause their Cookies! I mean, if I wanted to eat dried fruit or nuts, I would just munch on some trail mix. But when I am craving cookies, it really means that I am craving a pound of unsalted butter, two cups of sugar and some flour. (Wow, when I type it out like that, it pretty much describes gluttony...) I want cookies regardless of fat content, the amount of sugar and the size of my hips. I eat cookies with my eye's wide open. (I also eat cookie dough, I know, I know, a calculated risk.) So if you do too, this recipe might just be for you.
The Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
(Or, Wendy's Fabulous, Amazing, Wish I was Her sometimes,
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe)
1 1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups chocolate chips
Cream butter and sugars together. (my husband tells me the longer you cream, the better the cookie, which I believe, because his mother told him so and she is a wonderful baker) Add the eggs and vanilla until combined. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the chocolate chips. Roll into balls and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes. Eat as quickly as possible before your children notice the chocolate smeared across your face...
4 comments:
Hahahaha, that last line made me chuckle out loud. :)
PS - If you ever feel up for trying another chocolate chip cookie recipe that is without a doubt the best recipe I have EVER had (and anyone who has ever had it has also agreed), buy a bag of the Ghiradelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips and follow the recipe on the back. They are simple (and virtually the same ingredients as the recipe you shared) but they are to die for. Mmmmm... I wish I had a bag right now...
I think I'm going to be baking some chocolate chip cookies first thing in the morning. Yum!
I love the way you write! You totally just made me smile and want to make chocolate chip cookies when I have been refusing to bake because of the heat. :)
yup these went very well with our national ice cream day celebration today :) yum.
Post a Comment