Mr E. said his first sentence... in true sibling form. He called me into the his bedroom to tattle-tell on his sister. He told me that "Lou-got-out-bed". (the children had been threatened with death should any of them choose to climb out of bed and reek hairiness in their room) Which was pretty much adorable.
After twenty minutes of pretend texting at dinner and several warnings, Lou had her wood block cell phone taken away. Serious. We have officially banned all cell phones from the dinner table. I was not anticipating this rule or this discussion for at least another decade but it was getting out of hand. This was the third time we had to put her "phone" in time-out, but this little lady kept "finding" another one. She is obviously very resourceful in the make-believe department. (ps. while spell checking this post, blogger told me that it didn't recognize the word "texting", hilarious.)
And Jeep smiled. Heaven.
6 comments:
pretend TEXTING?
and jeff and I were just talking about how our kids could get cell phones when they can pay for them themselves. like, with jobs. and cars.
i guess we don't know what's coming at all...
Pretend texting? Where is she picking this stuff up? I didn't peg you and Dustin as the texting type. And spell check wanted you to spell it this way TXT.
That is hilarious. For me. Not for you. And yay for E!!!
She was texting at the dinner table. That's hilarious. You guys are in so much trouble when she's a for-real teenager instead of just a pretend teenager.
Whew, I'm glad I don't have to deal with that with my girls yet! Give it a few months...
One must realize that I don't even own a cell phone. So I am assuming that her primary "texting" example is her Aunt Shannon. Darn her.
Post a Comment