In the early brainstorming of Halloween costumes, I briefly thought that having my children go as characters from the Wizard of Oz would be fun. I realized, however, that my children have never seen this movie and therefore would not understand the iconic costumes that would be needed. Dang, I am a bad parent. Okay, that's not true, but I was sort of shocked that they had never seen it. I had never shown it to them. I will be the first to say that I typically don't support a movie going habit and most movies are dumb and frankly time consuming, but there are a couple, okay a bunch, of classic-need to know movies. Dustin and I are compiling a list of movies that our children should see, and like good list making, we have reached our limit and have now been boggled down by various one-liners and need your help. (note: we are talking
clean, classic and kid's) Here's what we have so far:
Another Incomplete List of Classic Children's Movies,
The Flight of the Navigator
Sound of Music
Wizard of Oz
Annie
Flash Gordon
Muppet's (Any, but Manhattan is my fave)
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
E.T.
Princess Bride
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (original)
An American Tale
The Rescuers
Willow
Oliver (musical)
The Neverending Story
Mary Poppins
Newsies
Labyrinth
Pete's Dragon
Elf
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Okay, what have we missed?
9 comments:
Love your list! Some additional classics in our home are Labyrinth, Elf, Mary Poppins, Nightmare Before Christmas and The Neverending Story. (I would add Pete's Dragon and Newsies but my kids didn't appreciate them.)
Old Yeller?
We loved Chitty Chitty Bang Bang growing up. Also, Willy Wonka the original totally scared me as a kid. Maybe Quigley Down Under? Matt loves that one.
I have never seen half the movies on your list.
I guess I am still deprived??
I haven't either Alisha.
Newsies! I just asked for it for my birthday.
Alice in Wonderland
Never Ending Story
Okay, Updated so far. Keep the suggestions coming...
Post a Comment