KCWC is a bi-annual event hosted by ElsieMarley. It's one week, all kid's clothes, all handmade.
To get ready for KCWC, my husband took me on a fabric date. (with dinner.) It was delightful and kid-free. I walked through every aisle, pulling fabrics in and out of my cart, I actually got to LOOK at the buttons, color match various fabrics and spent so much time at the notions wall I got light-headed. Dustin gave great feedback on colors and textures as we talked through all the items I wanted to sew. He made suggestions and we laughed and giggled and maybe kissed in the fancy fabric section...sigh... love that husband. Okay, enough lovey-dovey...really all you want to see is what I made.
I decided that Jeep would be first, cause he's cute and I like him.
I was gifted a stack of vintage patterns awhile back and have been itching to make something for Jeep. The pattern I choose was sized at three months but had some generous seam allowances, so I was pretty sure that I could adapt it to fit him now and later. Mostly it will fit him later. Hopefully it will fit when the weather is cooler...
Fabric is from Joann's and piping is handmade bias tape made from a vintage sheet.
I chose this pattern because the pants were going to be a stretch skill wise for me and I really wanted to use that bias tape. I think it makes the whole thing 10X more awesome. The pants pattern was down right clever and had the best side effect of being super roomy in the rump area which is good for cloth diapered bums. I think this one will be making some regular showings at our house. I think these would make a cute gift. What do you think? Would you put these on your baby?




4 comments:
I'm most impressed that Dustin gave you sewing feedback at the store.
(Oh, and the outfit is adorable.)
I love it! (and I would put it on my baby). Maybe vintage patterns gave more room for the diaper back when more babies wore cloth diapers. Todays fashions give no consideration for that possibility, I am well aware. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
That is super cute and I LOVE that Dustin took you on a fabric date. What a guy!
Adorable. I'm so jealous you're spending the week sewing. I have to whittle down my to-do list first.
Post a Comment