Lou needed some summer shirts and I wanted to make something that would be breezy yet transfer to the fall with little effort. Lou was alittle skeptical about this shirt because it wasn't "tight", she has become quite opinionated about what she wears (which is fine) but some of her style choices are fairly questionable. "No Lou, that fabric scrap/tube top is not pretty and doesn't make you look like a princess." "I wouldn't call that a skirt, mostly just a towel wrapped around your waist secured by a clothespin." I remember experimenting with my own clothes and having my Mom make the same frown when I would twirl into the kitchen proclaiming the hipness of my wardrobe choice. Karma.
I used some gifted gingham and Kona white cotton on the back. I then added the white color blocked hem on the bottom to give it some punch. I modified a nightgown pattern to make the sleeve/neckline and adjusted the rest of the pattern to be a shirt. The shirt ended up with some lovely drape that makes it swing nicely when she walks. Luckily, she loved it in the end.



2 comments:
Ok you seriously have some great ideas!! I love the bag, and hair ties :) Now all I need is you to do a tutoral on how to make the bags (I think I may be able to actually figure it out.), and a little spare time, and I will steal the idea and make them for Miss T & my mom :) Miss T was super impressed with the new bag this morning, and lack of free dental bag.
Hannah,
I am so glad you liked everything! Go to your public library and check out "sewing in a straight line", there are some great bag instructions and other sewing goodies. I think that you will find what you are looking for. Miss T will be utterly speechless when you make her a bag from there.
Post a Comment