Last month my Sister-in-Law made this request via Facebook:
All I want is a cookbook featuring healthy, inexpensive, whole foods recipes primarily made from ingredients in season in and around the Midwest that take under 30 minutes to prepare. Too much to ask?
Well, if that isn't the million dollar question (okay, maybe just one of the million dollar questions)... When if comes to dinner, I have two requests, the one above and that through some light flick of my wrist, dinner appears on my table.
Oh, dinner, the thorn in my daily side, how I loathe thee and thy need to be repetitious... okay, moving on.
So here's the deal. I am sure all of us have one dinner recipe that works everytime, that our kid's devour or that is a family favorite. I want to know what it is. Mostly it should fulfill Michelle's criteria, but you can work outside that box if you want.
Write it up in the comments or give us the link of where we can find it, but also include why this works so well and any substitutions that you love to make (you know corn instead of green beans).
Maybe we can save each other some hassle-time and share some healthy, frugal and easy meals.

1 comment:
Okay I'll share...
I love to have one night a week when the kids can help me make dinner and I plan for something that they can actually do well. One of our favorites is tin foil dinners. I know it's super easy... but it works everytime!
Spray a large square of tin foil with cooking spray. (one for each person)
Fill with vegetables like potaoes, corn, beans, carrots, onions, peppers, cabbage, tomatoes, whatever. Then put in some kind of meat, we love sausages, cubed chicken, even ground beef.
Dot with butter on top and sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
Wrap up tightly and place on med high grill or in a 375 degree oven until veggies are soft and meat is cooked through.
Eat it on a blanket outside with a bowl full of cherries, or canned peaches. Whatever's in season :)
If kids are helping just have everything chopped and let them assemble. They will love it!
Post a Comment