Monday, August 20

yesterday and today

A couple of weeks ago the children got a bee in their bonnet and I came outside to discover that they had created a fire ring,  all ready for marshmallow toasting.  They had picked over the recycling bin in order to find "kindling" and had gathered all the random twigs in the yard for building a fire.  How could a mother resist such ingenuity and hard work.  Since then we have had several family s'more sessions. 





Yesterday marked the end of our s'more supplies and the children are already hoping/scheming for a redo. 























Today Mr E and I were playing two man baseball when the ball rolled into our "geen" bean patch.  This kids loves his green beans, after harvest he is always sneaking more and more beans into his mouth.  Very few beans have made it to our table.


When we moved back into the house, I discovered a whole box of old seed packets in the garage.   So instead of purchasing new seeds, we hoped and prayed that these old seeds would sprout.  We ended up with two varieties of beans, dragon's tongue (heirloom variety) and french running beans.  Both have been fun for the kids and yummy in the mouth.  This morning Mr E harvested two fistfuls which he proudly brought into the kitchen and then ate half of them right there.  It's hard to say things like, "don't spoil your lunch" when the kid is munching of heirloom, organic green beans...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love that boy. Also, your title picture is really, really good. Superb, even.

Michelle said...

That picture of E is possibly one of the cutest pictures I had ever seen. His expression and delight in holding the green beans is priceless.