Monday, October 8

Dinner stories

At their birthday dinner celebrations, our children like to have their birth stories retold in all their gory details.  While we do lean toward the proper names of body parts, since we are mainly discussing MY body parts, I intentionally keep the whole thing very vague.  Telling these stories goes on for a couple of days after the birthdays (My girl is six, SIX!) and last night was no different.  


(picture has no connection to story, just a picture)

This time I was telling the story of Jeep's entrance into the world.  Jeep was sideways and was not approaching the birth canal right.  As a result I was having alot of unsuccessful labor.  My OBGYN had me roll over to my side and push with the next wave of contractions.  This proved to be a great idea because Jeep went crashing through the birth canal and crowned.  In was incredibly fast and forceful.  One push later, Jeep was born.  

At this point, Mr E exclaimed with slight disgust,  "What, Jeep came out of your PENIS!!!!  Awhhh."


Yeah, that's a conversation we need to have again...