The day we moved back to this house was hot. Really Hot. Hot like a dance club. Hot like a steaming music video. Hot like a roasted chicken. When we arrived at the house I went inside to turn the AC on. It didn't work. at. all. I checked all the likely places and finally found the problem. It seems that the copper connections on the fan outside were stolen. Grumpy face for sure. So during the hottest summer on record we were living with just two window units (Tamra rules for sharing!). It took our insurance company and the AC guys FOREVER to get the whole situation figured out. Remember when I refinished a floor, yup, no AC in that room. Remember when I painted almost every wall in the house, oh yay, no AC. (I can just see your jealousy...). It was good, we coped, it's all fixed now. So that's good.
Then Dustin's car blew up on the highway. IT BLEW UP. He become one of "those" cars on the highway. No dramatic flames, which was super good, but he did need a tow truck and a couple thousand dollars to fix it. We felt incredibly blessed to have the best car mechanic ever. He made the repair possible so that we wouldn't have to purchase a new car. (Dustin and I have a new car fund, but it's not fully stocked yet, so buying a new car would have meant purchasing a clunker or going into debt.)
Remember several days ago when it got kind of super chilly. The babies and I dressed up in layers but when the house was still at 61 degrees after lunch, I decided it was time to turn on the furnace. Can you guess what happened? Nothing. Nada. Nice. Awesome. Here is some money, maybe I should just burn some of that, at least my fingers would thaw. After calling our HVAC guys, I kept telling myself that crappy stuff happens in threes and this meant it would be smooth sailing from here on out. Well, that wasn't the third thing. Turns out that the new thermostat that the AC guys installed was faulty. Our 30+ year old furnace turned on just fine after they replaced it. Whew! Happy Dance. Crisis Dodged.
Then this morning I went to make a much needed phone call and the line was dead. Phones are really that important... Cincinnati Bell might be able to fit us in tomorrow. Sigh. This is why when you see me I look tired... from the anticipation of electricity chaos. While the phone thing isn't that big of a deal (you know, since I basically hate talking on the phone), it's just one more thing on my list to deal with. It's that list every woman is mentally carrying around in her head. Darn. Something just got shoved off the list. Whatever.
While I am sure this post sounds all too whining, I am not really whining. More like documenting this aspect of our life journey. Because here is the the truth, I would totally take all of this over alot of other things. While this stuff has been costly and time consuming, compared to what is on the crappy trial scale, it's small and pathetic. So bring in on. Maybe our refrigerator will clunk out next... one can only hope.
2 comments:
The irony of it is... Your fridge will probably never clunk out. I have been hoping for mine to die for years. NO Go! The things you hope to break (so that you can finally get an Appliance built after WWII) never do!!!!
LOVE YOU!!!
The Big sister!
Well I think your house has it in for you! Murphy's Law.
Post a Comment