Every time I answer the phone, Jeep becomes offended. He trails after me, wailing at the injustice, demanding that I hand that phone over. I usually try to find something for him to do or hide in my closet, but that doesn't always work. Often he becomes so worked up I have to console him for several minutes after I have finished my conversation and have put the phone away. Recently Jeep learned to slide chairs around the house. A skill that provides more freedom than walking. As a result, his new "I hate that you are talking on that phone" reaction is to slide the chair over to the phone base and unplug it. Stopping the phone call instantly. I am pretty sure he would laugh maniacally if he could. It's one of those parental moments that you feel stuck between pride and panic. I couldn't be more proud that my 18 month old has figured out how to unplug the phone in order to get me to stop using it and panicked, "MY 18 MONTH OLD HAS FIGURED OUT HOW TO UNPLUG THE PHONE IN ORDER TO GET ME TO STOP USING IT!!!".
So beware, if I suddenly stop listening or talking while on the phone with you, it's not anything personal...
3 comments:
Smart kid!
Wow.
That's HILARIOUS! (And, I can see, frustrating at the same time.)
Post a Comment