Friday, June 28

To the Jury Commission Office,


To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter in an effort to be excused from an upcoming Jury duty. I have been asked to begin on July 15th, which would normally be a lovely day, but my husband is starting a new job in another state. My children (all four of them) and I are to spend the last two weeks in July packing and transferring our lives to a small city in northern Indiana. I would like to say that I could do both, Jury duty and moving, but I am not Wonder Woman. Not even close. Then there's the matter of selling the house that we're moving out of, no mean feat as I'm sure you are aware. At any other time I would love to perform this civic duty. I would ask for a deferral or delay but, as mentioned above, I will no longer be a resident of Hamilton county. If you would like to contact Allen county, Indiana, and inform them of my desire to serve on a jury I would be tickled pink to fulfill this responsibility.

Respectfully,

Rebecca

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Rebecca,
I stumbled across your blog via some connection on FB. (I love blogging. It's a great outlet and faster than writing by hand in a journal.) I enjoyed your posts but they also indicate you're moving. So sorry to see you go, but I hope your new adventures will be filled with wonder and God's unfailing grace for you and your family.
Many blessings,
Jena Thacker (mother of Taegen and Tavia at NCHEl)

Sarah F said...

Is there a way to lodge a formal complaint about your moving?

Miggy said...

Indiana? Wow...what an adventure so excited for you guys.