So tonight we had a daddy/kiddo date. Which is to say that we all drove over to the other ward to drop Bug off at Cub-Scouts and I found something to do with the other three.
(Begin sidebar: we have been thinking lately that our trusty Toyota was on it's last leg, due to massive vibration at 60+ MPH. I was thinking maybe wheel bearings, which led to the discussion of putting a bunch of money into a van with 197000 miles vs. a new van, which led to the discussion of who to have do it since Bev and Mills is half a day away, etc., etc. New tires fixed the problem. Conclude sidebar).
So with a smooth ride at highway speeds, Daddy here thinks maybe we should clean the van too. Cars ride and run better when they're clean. So I took the kids to the carwash, the get-off-your-butt-and-scrub-the-car kind, not the sit-on-your-butt-while-spinning-soapy-muppets-attack-the-car kind. Lou fed the quarters into the machine, Mr. E helped find the spots I missed, and Jeep ran around laughing.
Once the cleaning was done and I was rinsing, I decided to let the kids have a go with the pressure washer. Lou did great, and was very thorough. Mr. E did his best but the recoil from the spray wand was about all he could bear. Then I handed the wand to Jeep. Without missing a beat, almost before I'd finished handing it too him, he turned the spray on his siblings. And laughed maniacally all the while.
Sigh. He comes by it honestly enough.
3 comments:
:)
This post was written by Dustin! It completely surprised me by taking care of the van. Spring cleaning it was on my to-do list this week and I wasn't going to get there. So he did it instead. Love that man.
I'm pretty sure Jeep's spraying habits come from Grandma....who likes to spray her own grandchildren.
That kid is adorable.
Post a Comment