Thursday, September 4

In the Garden



After harvesting all the radishes, there was an open space in the garden bed for a couple of days.  I was planning on planting some late summer lettuce or sweet peas in the area, but soon discovered that the space was already busy.


Prehistoric creatures had moved in.  Taken over.  Once again I was reminded that a little boy lives here.  Plays here.  Imagines here.  The space now belongs to him.


At first it seemed harmless and he was content to have his little two feet by one foot area.


But the carrots were just too tempting.  


So much for late-summer salad.  Playing in the dirt is much better for these little hands.  Much better for this momma.  Besides, salad is what our CSA is for. 

2 comments:

Alisha Erin said...

This reminds me of this: http://www.funathomewithkids.com/2013/06/not-fairy-garden-dinosaur-garden.html

Aunt Earlene said...

I really enjoy your blog! It's a way to kind of connect with you and your family. And I especially love this particular post!