
Having a baby in May and then having a baby in January means that baby #2's clothes never fit. E has spent the last couple of months walking around in baggy, pant cuff rolled three times, droopy drawers and t-shirts to his knees. As wardrobe coordinator for 5, I was perusing my boy collection and discovered that there were no shorts for E. I wasn't in the mood to go shopping and honestly didn't want to spend a small fortune dressing E for the upcoming summer months. So I made him four pairs of shorts. Like most things, it took very little time. Remarkable I know. I made two when friends were over and the other two while I was watching the Buccaneers. When I tried these bad boys on him, he pranced around the room shouting praises of gratitude and joy. Wait! He's only 15 months, mostly he doesn't care.
O Well? Happy Knees!
I saw these here. Couldn't resist. I hand stiched these instead of gluing them. Pretty.

I wish I had taken a picture on my disgusting ironing board before it's transformation. Truly Gross! It was long due for a make-over and I simply love the results. The top fabric is from an old sheet and the sides are left over scraps from L's pj pants. I wish I could say that it was free, but the wool batting underneath cost about 6$. My iron no longer sticks to places with lingering glue or imprints the metal lattice from underneath to my fabric. But like all upgrades, it now makes my iron look sad and pathetic. Shoot.
1 comment:
I wish I could sew as good as you do Rebecca, you are so talented! (sigh)
Post a Comment