Friday, September 10

Fondue Friday: Cream Fondue

I have to say that this was a fondue failure on my part. I was distracted while warming the fondue and ended up with vanilla pudding. Which is usually a good thing, when intending to make vanilla pudding, but when making fondue, BLAH! It still tasted good (vanilla pudding, remember), but had a thick texture which I personally didn't care for. So add this to my redo list. On the fantastic side, the ingredients for this fondue should already be in your house if you are a food nut-job like me and only use real cream. Next time I make this I will be using Lemon instead of Vanilla. Lemon Heaven. Take my word on this, lemon would be the superior flavoring for sure.

Cream Fondue:
2 cups cream
1 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
vanilla, almond, lemon or peppermint essence to taste (flavoring, essence sounds well, sensual)
2 Tbs cornflour (cornstarch)

Mix 1 1/2 cups cream with icing sugar in fondue pot. Heat gently stirring until melted. Blend rest of cream with cornflour, add to fondue pot and stir until thickened. Add essence to taste.

Serve with Fresh Fruit, cake, biscuits and pretzels.

On a side note: I have been meaning to send you to Alisha' s Mythbusting about Alcohol and Cooking. If you wish to read her findings about "cooking" out your booze, click HERE.

No comments: