Perhaps I could come up with 101 ways to use an expensive ice mold tray. But how about I just get to number 2. Can you picture the epic battles that will take place in my bathtub? The splashing, squealing and hopefully cleaner little bodies. I can.

Making the Soap is easier than making the crayons (and cleaner too), but you actually have to go to the store for this one. You need just four items.
1. The mold
2. Clear Glycerin (Hobby Lobby)
3. Essential Oil (we used peppermint)
4. Food coloring

Melt Glycerin in Microwavable dish (hint: use a Pyrex measuring cup). Add some essential oil to smell and a few drops of food coloring. Pour into mold. Wait a minute for Glycerin to harden and then place in freezer for about 15 minutes. Pull out, pop out soap and repeat. Again and Again and Again. Since it's soap, it cleans up really nice. Occasionally the measuring cup will need to be rinsed out, but it's not a big deal.

*** Congratulations Kelly! You are getting some cute crayons... I hope the boys love them. Or at least they provide some sort of distraction so that you can accomplish something!
7 comments:
Yay me! I'm so excited! And the soap is super cute too. :)
I definitely want to see 101 ways. This is too cool.
Seriously, Emma would love it if I were as cool as you. I'm just lucky if I remember to tell them to take a bath let alone provide cool lego soap. Merry Christmas.
Why not some jel-lego-men? Unless your kids don't like jello, like mine.
You are way too clever.
Who knew Lego Man were so cool. Thanks for all the love! Michelle, I have thought about Jello... maybe for dinner tonight?
Genius. (That's Matthew's compliment of choice these days - so it comes compliments of him.) Seriously though, you are genius!
Post a Comment