Wednesday, January 5

Luggage Tags

We made a fair amount of our Christmas gifts and I wanted to give the Grandpas something really special. Both Dustin's and my parents are traveling out of the country this year and I wanted them to take something that would remind them of my kids. Hence the luggage tags. This was my favorite gift. Mostly because the kids really got to shine here. I took Llou to the thrift store and we picked out a suede purse that we then ripped apart. Llou drew a picture of each of her grandpas (my dad is papa) and Abug drew what animal he thinks they are. Then Dustin used a soldering tool to "etch" the drawing into the leather. I sewed the pieces together and added the name tag. Viola! Instant one of a kind gift.



I love that the pictures are distinctly different. My dad's hair really does look like that, my Father-in-Law's does not.

My dad got a Rhino and Dustin's got a Turkey. That turkey cracks me up. Can I get a gobble gobble?

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Super cute! Everyone's going to be wanting to steal their bags: "I want the one with the turkey!"