Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs spinach (this is 2 bags of Popeye spinach)
1/2 head lettuce (we like using boston or green leaf)
1/2 lb mushrooms (sliced)
1 lb swiss cheese (shredded)
5 strips bacon (cooked and crumbled, uhmm we add a couple more....)
1 sliced bermuda onion (I generally use a medium sized red onion)
Dressing:
1 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
1 cup oil
2 Tbs poppy seeds
1/4 tsp onion salt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
(the last three ingredients we sometimes omit depending on supply)
Prepare salad ingredients and toss together. Mix dressing and dress shortly before serving. The dressing will eventually wilt the salad so only dress what you are going to eat. This recipe feeds an army or about 8-12 people. So half for your family. This is a rather hardy salad and it's my absolute favorite salad ever, times two.
2 comments:
nom nom nom
yummy! I remember when you took this salad to church on a Sunday, I don't remember the activity, but it was a delicious salad!
Post a Comment