
Dustin went to scouts. Again. Every week. So little resourceful me, pulled out the craft paper, oil pastels, watercolor pencils and fancy trimmings for a little Mother's Day Art night with the children. Grand ideas for sweet lovey gifts for all the Mother's in our lives. (gift idea #1 was dropped in the waste bin due to scheduling conflicts) The kids were creating. I was helping and puffing up to one of those Mother-is-Awesome sizes. You know, all those cute pictures of mom's "enriching" their children's lives (and others) through interactive art one sees in magazines. Smiley faces and prefect hair. Cue cheesy elevator music.
Yeah, it was suppose to be one of "those" moments. Then we had sharing conflicts and ran out of black paper and and and and... which resulted in an elevated blood pressure. I slit my finger on my paper trimmer and that was it. My eldest shrieked and ran, blood splattered on the card Mr. E was drawing on and he pushed it away in disgust. I raised my voice as my monologue droned on about giving to others and being nice and why is it always my job to be the nice one and fine, maybe we will just skip Mother's day this year... Yeah it was great, a pathetic mom with a flesh wound.
Mother's Day, I tried.
2 comments:
OUUUUUUUUUUCH! I cringed when I read that! Is it a really bad cut? Like stitch worthy? No fun!
Awesome!
And you KNOW you love Scouts.
Post a Comment