January was a month that couldn't go by fast enough. It was filled with additional chaos, emotional distress and finacial aggrevations. You know- that kind of month. While I will spare you all the gritty details, I did want to document and share some of the good things.
Dayton Art Museum
In the lower levels of this museum lives a small but impactful children's section. With rotating exhibits about the science or the math of art, my kids have become eager participants in the activities. The most recent art push is about recycling and making art with reclaimed items. The focus is on restoring the Earth's resources while creating an awareness through beauty and community. Plus, there are some pretty cool toys. In addition to the kid's section, the musuem has set up kid friendly scavenger hunts which we love. We have spent many a saturday playing within these walls.
We made paper hats.
Then modeled them. (Lou is channeling her inner hip-hop artist.)
This light box table is pretty entertaining.
The Hogwarts Castle re-vamped, Star Wars style. (not pictured is the space ship)
Fancy ocean art made by local fourth graders out of milk and juice container lids.
From far away it looked like expensive nursery artwork.
Needless to say, we are saving all our lids for the little lady.
Quick visit with some favorite cousins.
The weather was lovely enough to go for a walk and play.
We planted squash, tomatoes and pomegrante seeds. The last one is mostly wishful thinking, but it never hurts to try.
Lou's favorite job.
Remember this outfit. It fits now. This yummy baby wearing some super cute Momma made pants. Makes my heart smile everytime. Plus the covered feet is just dang adorable and warm on the hardwood floors.











4 comments:
ummmmm Jeep? NOM NOM NOM.
Oh yeah. Maybe it is time to start seeds. Good idea. ... We have to give the amaryllis a little more time before starting seeds. No room in the light box with 14 amaryllis plants in it. (Yeah, yeah, yeah. Spare me.)
Ummmm, I'm kinda stuck on "Needless to say we are saving all our lids for the little lady?"
I'm certain I'm wrong, but I keep reading into this that you're pregnant with a girl. Clarification???
Miggy- Boy Howdy! Thanks for not posting this Anonymously, wink wink. NO, we are not pregnant with another child... I think I might have just teared up abit. Jeep has been are very difficult baby these last six weeks, possibly confirming that he is our last. However, after re-reading my statement, I can see how foggy my writing was. Lou is collecting the lids for herself and all the kinds of art projects that these fish creatures have inspired. Plus, fish in my nursery, well, no thank you.
Post a Comment