This boy had a birthday. Which is a small miracle. It was a difficult year. Jeep spent a good portion of his first year crying and being sad. It was a constant source of Mama stress. Around six months I spoke with my pediatrician concerning his inability to be happy and high levels of crying. He said of lot of slightly frightening things and though Jeep is not out of "risk" yet, in the last eight weeks his dispostion has changed dramatically. He has begun to smile, giggle, have extended periods of contentment and he no longer wakes up from his naps screaming. In order to cope with his consant crying, I had to, in some ways, emotionally break away from him, so I could react more evenly with his drama. However, this "new" Jeep is delightful and wonderful to be around. Perhaps there was something going on that we may never know, but for now, he has become such a blessing in our home.
(ps, the picture above is hiliarous!!! That one tooth. Oh, boy, hopefully the rest will fill in soon!)
Yam flakes cupcakes, which turned out to be more like yam flake muffins.
Whipped cream cheese frosting, plopped on top.
Sibling created garland and balloon decorations.
Craft tape, string, skinny wood dowels and toothpicks. Simple celebrations!
Birthday boy swinging.
Having older brothers to push you is amazing! And good for moms too!
(again with that tooth!...)
Seriously adorable.




2 comments:
Great pictures!! Happy Birthday little man! Sorry to hear he has been so grumpy. That's not very easy on a tired mommy! Wow, our little babies are 1!!
Hey, if I were Jeep, I would have been crying for a year too just trying to get that tooth out! Holy hannah!
Love this little boy.
Post a Comment