As per my BIL's suggestions, I used the yam flakes as bread crumbs... it was delicious. Parmesan chicken is a regular dinner at our house, so making the substitution was super easy and with just the right crunchy/creamy texture, even my children liked it. Total win. I might completely regret opening this can of random food storage, because when our hand basket comes... I think I want yam flakes.
Recipe: Yam Flake Chicken
When using four medium sized chicken breasts
6 tbs yam flakes
3 tbs rice flour (any flour would be fine)
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Toss above ingredients
Whip two small eggs ( I usually use plain yogurt as the binder, but didn't have any) and dip chicken in eggs, coat with cheese/yam mix. Place in lightly oiled pan. Repeat with all chicken pieces. Drizzle top of chicken with oil olive or place pads of butter on chicken. Bake at 350 for about 25-35 minutes. Serve with rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment