I needed some cute prizes for an upcoming Halloween activity and I wanted something that was cute but not all about the candy. I wanted the children to have fun "getting" the prize and so I made up some of these cute little pumpkins. The goal is for the child to unravel the pumpkin and find the prize in the center. Just alittle bit more fun to enjoy.
I couldn't find any orange crepe paper and I was too lazy to drive around to several stores to find some, so I just went with the white.
I think the white looks kinda heirloom and really sharp.
Here's what you need to make these adorable silly guys:
crepe paper (a 200ft roll made ten mini pumpkins)
prizes
scissors
glue
prizes
scraps of orange/brown/green paper
After a couple of attempts using the crepe paper as is, I realized that it needed to be a bit narrower in order to wrap around the prizes better. So I unwrapped the crepe paper and stacked it on top of itself until it reach a thickness of 14/15 layers of crepe paper.
The length of the stack was about two feet. Cut the stack away from the roll of crepe paper. Take your scissors and cut down the length of the paper stack.
When you are finished cutting, you now have enough crepe paper to wrap two prizes.
Grab the prizes and start wrapping. I used a bouncy ball with a piece of candy tucked in as well.
Wrap until you run out of paper, glue end and tuck into crepe paper. Each prize pumpkin will be completely different. Pay attention as you wind the paper around the prizes and shape as you go. No matter what shape it is, it will still be adorable once you add the pumpkin face.
Use the orange and brown paper scraps to make the face. Mr. E really enjoyed helping me at this stage, most of the faces are his.
To make the stem, cut a piece of paper 3/4 inch by 2 1/2 inches (approx.).
Curl up and glue together.
Clip one side about 1/3 of an inch into the stem.
Glue to top of pumpkin.
Admire your creative prowess.
No comments:
Post a Comment