Friday, February 1

the haircut


When Bug was very small, my husband made the mistake of trying to buzz cut his hair.  The result became a child who hated to have his hair cut.  Which turned into many a teary/"I am not cutting your kidneys out with a spoon" moments with this child.  So, as a seasoned mother of four, I now cut hair with scissors.  I know, many are thinking of the dangers of sharp objects near eyes and other important body parts, but if I cut with scissors, I do not have to hold my child down with my knees.  I think that is a win-win.  

Jeep has been due for a haircut, but I must admit, I like long hair in little boys.  (Mr. E is especially adorable with long hair.  His hair is naturally wavy, having it short masks this adorable feature.)  I have been putting it off for a couple months because I just didn't want to admit that he was getting older. But yesterday I was busy trimming Bug's and Mr. E's hair and when they were done, Jeep climbed into the hair and stared at me.  Yep, he wanted his turn.  So here it is.  The before and after.  The bottom picture is there just because he is adorable!



Here's Mr. E's.  His hair was pretty shaggy.  Clippers were used but they didn't seem to bother him.  The bits of hair caused him the greatest stress, but he got over it.   His prize was a shower.  Apparently a huge treat at our house.


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't stop staring at that picture of Jeep. I cannot. He is such a gorgeous kid.

Michelle said...

Wow. That picture of Jeep is so beautiful. And I happen to love Mr. E with long hair too.