Wednesday, December 4

The flatlands of Indiana

So I guess I should back up abit.  We have moved.  Moved from our beloved Cincinnati to the flat lands and farmlands of Indiana.  Not a huge distance.  Just far enough to be farther away.  We live in a double-wide.  And before you judge, my sweet husband spent days, days I tell you, trying to find a lovely house to live in.  The suburbia homes in the area are clearly run by slumlords.  Dustin was surprised by the lack of care in many of the homes he looked at.  Finally at the end of some really long days, he finally called me and told me that this modular home was the best thing he had seen.  We employed the help of a realtor, craig's list and friends.  We found nothing.  Well, one really amazing house that would have cost us four thousand dollars a month.... no response needed on that one.  

After we moved in, we were invited to attend a Sunday dinner with a member of our new church.  After meeting and talking with these lovely people, I realized that Heavenly Father needed us right where we landed.  So yes, double-wide, modular home, trailer park it is.  Frankly, it is a really nice little home.  It three bedrooms and has two toilets.  I actually love that the whole house is on one floor.  No more upstairs/downstairs laundry.  No more running up the stairs to chase children or help them use the bathroom.  It's good.  So no pity.  Dustin and I live for adventure.  

Our house sold and while we are still working through a title snafu, we are hoping to close by the end of this week.  My prayers are constant and hopeful.  I have been enjoying the break from the phone and occasionally consider not having one at all.  Which is silly, I know, but fun to wonder.  Aside from Mr. E, the children are transitioning great.  Bug is exhausted by school.  He was placed in the high- achiever class and has never been so busy during school.  He told me that he didn't have a single minute yesterday to read a book.  Not one minute.  In previous schools, he would breeze through several books a week.  (not little books, he read the whole lord of the rings trilogy in a week)  He will be going to bed early tonight.  

Mr. E is still not working through this change well and I try really hard to be calm.  It takes alot of mommy strength.  I have been doing some reading about children who struggle in areas of change.  It's a hard nut to crack, but it's a big deal and Dustin and I can't lose this battle.  So fingers crossed.  
 
I would include an awesome picture, but Laticia and I packed up the camera somewhere and I haven't found it yet.  So just image alot of boxes, clothes and baskets everywhere.


2 comments:

Alisha Erin said...

Well, I can't say I would be happy to live in a double-wide, but I sleep on the floor--and LIKE it--and that appalls other people, so whateves. I actually have good friends who live in a double-wide (by choice--he has plenty of money) and it is quite perfect for them.

I'm jealous of the Indiana part though.

Michelle said...

I'm jealous of the Indiana part too...

E will adjust. Right before we moved, Charlotte screamed every time she came near our empty house. She actually stayed at a friend's house the whole day and night before we moved. It took her awhile, but she did adjust.

Praying for you guys.